If one or both of you are from another country and wish to marry here in Australia?

This is possible, but in the first instance the party from another country, will need to apply for a visa a to enter Australia.

The Department of Immigration can help you with this, but the Notice of Intent to Marry (NOIM), will still need to be lodged with me (Celebrate The Day), 30 days prior to your intended wedding date.

(I will also supply the Department of Immigration with a letter stating the above).

It is also possible to have your NOIM witnessed in another country, should you need to do this prior to arrival in Australia –  An Australian Diplomatic or Consultar officer, an employee of the Commonwealth authorized under paragraph 3 © of the Consular Fees Act 1955, an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorized under paragraph 3 (d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955 or a notary public.

Again Celebrate The Day will help you with all this paperwork and give you the relevant information – just ask.

The Age if which you can marry in Australia?

Both of you (the bride and groom), must be over 18. If you are younger than 18 you need to apply via the “Magistrates” for special dispensation to marry.

This information is again best discussed with myself – so I as your Celebrant – Celebrate The Day- may advise you of what needs to be done.

Your witnesses (of which there needs to be two), have to be 18 years old or older.

What Paperwork do you need prior to meeting to discuss your wedding?

  • Your birth certificates 
  • Your driver’s licenses 
  • Death certificate if widowed 
  • Divorce Certificate if divorced 
  • Passport / birth certificate & photo ID if Australia is not your place of birth

If your documents are in a language other than English, they will need to be translated.

You will need to use an accredited translator. (see the Naati link on the right hand side of page)

We need to complete the initial paperwork minimum one month prior to the date of your intended marriage.

I do ALL the paperwork for you, and send it in to the AGO – so you don’t have to worry about this

What do I provide for your Wedding Day?

A Simple, classic, dramatic and or contemporary ceremony. I can write the ceremony, or help you write your own, (help with your vows), offer advice, and be there to help you organize your day.

With plenty of sample ceremonies and readings at your fingertips you can choose the style of ceremony that reflects your personality, style and tradition.

My job is to organize the paperwork, rehearse the ceremony and turn your dreams into a reality.

  • A State of the art sound system
  • Rehearsals before the big day
  • I will walk you through the whole process for your peace of mind and understanding. 
  • I will be there to calm the nerves, 
  • I will be there to welcome everyone, organize the whole, before you both walk-up the aisle.
  • A signing table and chairs, (if needed) and unlimited phone/email contact. 
  • I am available and fully accessible to each couple through the entire planning process
  • As your Civil Celebrant, I will also lodge all your legal paperwork at Births, Deaths and Marriages after your ceremony.

I ask for a non-refundable fee of $200.00 on the day I secure your date and time of wedding.

(this includes the acceptance and handling of your NOIM).

The non-refundable fee comes off the agreed amount for your Wedding.

This fee is payable one month prior to the actual wedding day itself.

I would ask for a bit extra for petrol if there is a distance greater than 30kms for me to travel on the day.

Everything else is included in the price:

  • Emails
  • Phone calls
  • Text messaging
  • Skype and all other correspondence not mentioned here.
  • Wedding rehearsal

Important Links

Attorney General’s Department

Birth, Deaths & Marriages
Western Australia

Department of
Immigration & Citizenship

Accredited Translators

Counselling prior to Marriage

Relationships Australia

Anglicare Relationship & Family Counselling

The Hart Centre